PARSIPPANY — The Parsippany-Troy Hills Board of Education of the Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills has issued an update on negotiations between the Board and the Parsippany-Troy Hills Education Association (PTHEA).
The Board wants to ensure that the public has accurate information regarding the negotiations process including:
- Teachers are working under their current contract and are receiving their salaries, longevity, and stipend payments.
- Take-home pay reflects employees’ choices and mandated withholdings.
- The Board can only increase gross salaries which it has done consistently over the past seven years.
- The Board has not requested any changes to the present health insurance plans but has requested that the PTHEA agree to a $5.00 increase in prescription co-pays only.
- The Board has proposed a contract that fairly addresses the PTHEA’s salary demands and relief from their Chapter 78 health insurance contributions.
- Both parties have agreed to work with a state-assigned mediator with the goal of achieving a positive settlement. The mediation session is scheduled for February 19.