From birth to today….
Parsippany Focus was first released as a monthly printed newspaper on October 1, 1989, mailed to every resident of the Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills.
At that time, Parsippany Focus was named the “Official newspaper of the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce (PACC)”. Publisher Frank Cahill was named on the Board of Directors of PACC in 1989, eventually elected Vice President, and then President-elect (but due to commitments with Focus did not continue as President, just remained on the Board of Directors.) He also created a Retail Committee to work with area businesses.
Parsippany Focus converted to a weekly newspaper serving the residents of Parsippany-Troy Hills in June 1991. Eventually, Parsippany Focus was named the legal newspaper of the Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills. This was the first weekly newspaper in many years appointed to serve the needs of the Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills.
Due to competition of newspapers in the late 90s, and the change of advertising markets of major companies devoting their advertising dollars to major newspapers, the advertising revenues of Parsippany Focus decreased to a point where it was not profitable to publish. Focus ceased publication in 1996.
Since then we have received many requests that Parsippany needs a “hometown” newspaper, that covers Parsippany news and events.
Due to the technology of the internet, we have created this website for the people of Parsippany, to publicize the events that involve their everyday life. Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, business briefs, honor rolls, club news, community announcements, school happenings (the same basic information the print version of Parsippany Focus featured from 1989 through the late 1990s). “All Local, All Parsippany.”
We are always looking for freelance writers to take on assignments. We also welcome letters to the editor, story ideas, community announcements, and corrections to stories. If you have anything that you want to publicize, send it to Parsippany Focus, 90 East Halsey Road, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054. Our email is email@example.com. Don’t forget to include pictures! Our main office telephone number is (862) 295-1300 and our fax number is (201) 356-4956.
Letters to the Editor: Do you have an opinion to express? Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Disclaimer: To be considered for publication, letters to the editor must include the writer’s full name, address, and daytime phone number. Letters may be condensed, although care is taken to preserve the writer’s comments (maximum 400 words). Copyright in material submitted to Parsippany Focus and accepted for publication remains with the author, but Parsippany Focus may freely reproduce it in print, electronic or other forms. We are unable to acknowledge receipt of letters. All political letters in nature must be submitted by residents and/or candidates only. All political letters must be received prior to Noon on Sunday before the election to be considered.
Website Advertising — We have limited website advertising space available. Banner ads, links and sidebar ads can be purchased on a monthly basis, and are displayed on selected pages within the website.
Parsippany Focus routinely publishes reports provided directly by municipal police and fire agencies under its Police-Fire category. Nothing in those reports should be construed to be a finding of guilt as they are a record of the actions taken on a given day by these agencies. Parsippany Focus policies regarding the use of these items are as follow:
- Arrest reports, summonses, and any court determination are a matter of public record and can be published without the person’s permission. The newspaper has a right to publish such public information for the benefit of the public.
- We do not generally publish the names of juveniles involved in incidents. However, if a juvenile suspect is tried in an adult court (rather than in Family Court) we may name the suspect. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis. We have a general policy not to publish domestic violence complaints.
- We will amend a police blotter item only if the person involved has had all charges related to the incident in question dropped, or if the person is found not guilty after a trial. This will be done if the matter is brought to the attention of Parsippany Focus or if the named party notifies us with accompanying legal documentation which would corroborate such a request.
- Any posted content that is accurate will not be removed. We do not remove items if the person is granted a Pre-Trial Intervention (commonly called a PTI) or similar program since that is not a finding of “not guilty”. The incident occurred and it would be wrong to alter the record of an incident in the community if there is no finding that the incident did not occur.
- We will be willing to amend the record of an event if the information provided to us is deficient or wrong.
Corrections, Retractions, and Clarifications
If you would like to request a correction, retraction or clarification of a news story posted on parsippanyfocus.com, please email email@example.com. Please include as much information as you can, including the link to the story, the date and headline of the story, and the specific portion or portions of the story you are requesting to be corrected, retracted or clarified.
If the information we report is inaccurate, we will provide a correction, clarification, or retraction, as necessary, in our discretion, and we reserve the right to remove, delete or modify any news content on parsippanyfocus.com, as we see fit. But if a story posted on the Website is correct, we will not remove, delete or modify it. For example, when we report the fact that someone is arrested, that information is still correct, even if the charges may have been dismissed at a later date. Any news content posted about an individual that is accurate will not be removed.
The Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills proclaimed October 1, 2014, as “Parsippany Focus Day“
“ALL LOCAL, ALL PARSIPPANY™” is a registered trademark of Galleria Associates, LLC. All photographs, stories, and videos are copyright of Parsippany Focus and Zoomus Marketing, LLC.
Parsippany Focus acknowledges Cathy Haddon, Editor, for the hard work she contributed to Focus during the days of publishing the printed version. Many thanks to Cathy.
Parsippany Focus published a printed 25th Anniversary Issue which was distributed throughout Parsippany, on October 1, 2014.
90 East Halsey Road
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
(201) 356-4956 fax
©1989-2018 Galleria Associates, LLC. Parsippany Focus™ is a registered Trademark of Galleria Associates. ©2019 Zoomus Marketing, LLC.
Morris Focus was first published on January 1, 2019. As of January 1, 2019, Parsippany Focus is published by Zoomus Marketing, LLC.
©2020 Zoomus Marketing, LLC.
Member of Society of Professional Journalists
Popular Parsippany Links