Fire in laundry room at Hampton Inn

Firemen on the scene of the fire at Hampton Inn & Suites

PARSIPPANY — Rainbow Lakes Volunteer Fire District 2 along with the Mount Tabor Volunteer Fire District 1 were dispatched to the Hampton Inn & Suites, 3737 Route 46 for an activated fire alarm at 11:33 a.m. on Monday, January 15.

While responding the dispatcher got a call stating there was a fire on top of the water heater in the laundry room.

Units arrived to find a heavy smoke condition and a fire in the laundry room.

Mutual aid was requested and prior to getting water on the fire the sprinkler activated extinguishing the bulk of the fire.

The building was evacuated and the evacuation of the above floors was ensured by members of the Parsippany Police Department.

The building was checked to ensure the fire did not spread. Members on scene ventilated the entire building as smoke had spread throughout the common areas on all floors. There were no injuries and the hotel resumed operations.

In addition to Rainbow Lakes Volunteer Fire District 2, Mount Tabor Volunteer Fire District 1, Parsippany-Troy Hills Volunteer Fire Department District 5, Parsippany Volunteer Fire District 4 Rapid Intervention Team, Boonton Township Fire Dept Rapid Intervention Team, Parsippany Police Department, Par-Troy Emergency Medical Services and Parsippany Fire Prevention were dispatched to the scene.