PARSIPPANY — Coyne PR celebrated as Tom Coyne was honored by PRSA-NY with the prestigious John W. Hill Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2023 Big Apple Awards held on November 15 at TAO Downtown in New York City. This accolade underscored Tom’s remarkable contributions to the industry over the years, embodying the spirit of excellence that the award represents.
As PRSA-NY’s top honor, the John W. Hill Award recognizes lifetime professional achievement in the practice of public relations. It is named for the founder of one of the world’s prominent PR firms and is given annually to professionals who excel in leadership, integrity, service, communications, and understanding through the exchange of ideas.
Rich Lukis, President of Coyne PR, expressed his elation, “This was a monumental occasion for our agency as we celebrated the storied career of Tom Coyne. The honor bestowed upon him by PRSA-NY with the John W. Hill Lifetime Achievement Award reflects not only his tremendous contributions to Coyne PR but to the broader public relations industry as well. It was truly a night of pride and reflection on the indelible mark Tom has left on all of us.”
The annual PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards continued to be a hallmark event that celebrated the exemplary achievements of PR agencies, companies, governmental bodies, and not-for-profit organizations in the New York Metro area across over 100 disciplines. With a rigorous evaluation process conducted by a distinguished panel of over 75 senior-level communications leaders, the awards epitomized the pinnacle of creativity, integrity, and excellence in the public relations field.
In addition to celebrating Tom Coyne’s illustrious career, Coyne PR was also delighted to share its success with five client wins this year. These victories echoed the agency’s enduring commitment to delivering outstanding service and innovative solutions to its clients.
Coyne PR won in the following Big Apple Award categories:
- Events & Observances (1-7 days) – Campaigns with Budgets of $200,000 or Less: Pacira BioSciences, Inc. – Smashing Records with iovera° at the National Senior Games
- Events & Observances (More than 7 days) – Business: Ollie’s 40th Anniversary celebration including the America’s Biggest Cheapskate Contest and World’s Largest Bobblehead event
- Marketing Consumer Products – Healthcare: Pacira BioSciences, Inc. – Freezing Out the Competition with iovera°
- Marketing Consumer Products – Beauty: CeraVe Enlists Dermfluencers and TikTok Titans to Show Consumers How to #CleanseLikeaDerm
- Best Use of Spokesperson/Influencer – Other: CeraVe Enlists Dermfluencers and TikTok Titans to Show Consumers How to #CleanseLikeaDerm
Coyne PR received honorable mentions in the following Big Apple Award categories:
- Integrated Communications – Consumer Products: Alka-Seltzer and T-Pain Help Hangover Symptoms Fizzle
- Marketing Consumer Products – Healthcare: Humana – Honoring Senior Athletes at the 2022 National Senior Games: The Humana Game Changers
For a full list of honorable mentions and winners, please visit the PRSA-NY website.