PARSIPPANY — It’s official. Quick Chek, 480 North Beverwyck Road, will be closing its doors for good on Friday, November 2 at 11:00 p.m. Earlier this year they cut the hours from the normal 24 hour store to 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The Lake Hiawatha QuickChek opened in 1977 and has been a staple in the area for 41 years and will be missed by many. The Lake Hiawatha location was outdated compared to the newer millennial-friendly concept stores.
All store team members in the Lake Hiawatha store were transferred to or offered positions in other QuickChek store locations.
Hanover Township, on Route 10, Cedar Knolls on East Hanover Avenue are just two of the newer millennial-friendly concept stores to open locally in the past year.
QuickCheck has over 150 stores throughout New Jersey and New York has been expanding with its new “millennial-friendly concept.”
On Tuesday, October 2, a QuickChek convenience store and gas station opened at the Somerville Circle in Raritan. The Raritan location is the company’s sixth new store to open in the past eight months.
It offers a new design to meet the needs of today’s fast-casual shopper with more than 50 percent of the store dedicated to fresh food and beverages, according to the corporation. Most of the newer stores feature over 5,000 square feet and a full service gasoline station.
“We feel this new store design provides a better showcase for our high-quality, great tasting fresh food and beverage menu items as we continue to meet the ever-changing shopping and dining habits of today’s consumer,” said QuickChek CEO Dean Durling, whose family-owned company was named the 2016 National Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions magazine in part due to its dedication to customer needs.
New millennial-friendly concept stores include features:
- Sleek open concept layout features earth tone colors, cleaner sightlines and spacious stand-alone food displays with consumer-friendly expansive aisles for added convenience when customizing food and beverages as well as selecting prepared items
- Extensive display of freshly-made QuickChek grab-and-go food and market items
- Fresh QuickChek baked goods made in-store
- Large stand-alone soup station offering a daily rotation of freshly-prepared, never-frozen QuickChek soups
- New food service menu features handcrafted restaurant-quality 6-inch subs and 9-inch premium original recipe sub sandwiches served on crispy artisan rolls, all made with the finest ingredients and freshest quality meats and cheeses
- A wide selection of fresh healthy snacks and fresh cut fruit perfect for snacking anytime
- Embracing the dining habits of today’s millennial consumer, indoor seating counters offer phone and laptop charging stations and free WiFi
- Self check-out registers
For more information on QuickChek, click here.