PARSIPPANY — While patrolling the area of Route 53, at 12:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 17, Patrol Officer J. Hughes observed a 2008 Ford Mustang fail to maintain its lane and also have faulty license plate lamps.
He conducted a motor vehicle stop and made contact with the driver, Nelson Caceres Pereira, 18, Morristown.
While speaking to Mr. Pereira, Officer Hughes detected to odor of an alcoholic beverage. After a brief investigation, Mr. Pereira was found to be driving while intoxicated and in possession of a partially consumed 1.5 Liter bottle of wine.
He was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters.
While there he was charged with:
• Driving While Intoxicated
• Driving While Intoxicated in a School Zone
• Reckless Driving
• Underage Person Operating Motor Vehicle After Consuming Alcohol
• Unlicensed Driver
• Failure to Exhibit Documents
• Unregistered Vehicle
• Failure to Maintain Lamps
• Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol in a Motor Vehicle
He was released on his own recognizance pending his court date.
Editors Note: A criminal complaint is merely an accusation. Despite this accusation, the defendant is presumed innocent until he or she is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.