PARSIPPANY — A working structure fire on Manor Lane in Powder Mill section was reported at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14.
The Mt. Tabor Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to 36 Manor Lane for a reported smoke condition coming from the basement. Upon arrival, Chief 1 confirmed smoke coming from the basement and upgraded to a structure fire. Crews worked to locate the fire which emitted smoke for over 90 minutes.
Parsippany-Troy Hills Police Department, Mt. Tabor Volunteer Fire Department District 1, Rapid Intervention Team (RIC) – Lake Hiawatha District 4, Lake Parsippany Volunteer Fire Company District 3, Cedar Knolls Volunteer Fire Department District, Whippany Volunteer Fire Department, Denville Volunteer Fire Department District. Rockaway Neck First Aid Squad, Par-Troy Emergency Medical Services, JCPL(shut off electric), NJ Natural Gas, Parsippany Fire Prevention and Parsippany Rescue and Recovery were all at the scene.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. Mt. Tabor Volunteer Fire Department said fire is under control and releasing units.