PARSIPPANY — The Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce has formed a new committee, the PACC Women in Business. The group was the brainstorm idea of Kristen Totaro of Ramblin’ Media and Jen Peel of M&T Bank back in November. The women approached Frank Cahill, Executive Board Member with the idea, and Frank and fellow board member Alan Golub of Fein Such Kahn & Shepard P.C. put the idea into motion and the group was born.
The group has converted their meetings to a Zoom Meeting. Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 13 at 3:00 p.m. Pre-registration is required by clicking here.
The main premise behind the group is to find ways to connect women business owners, entrepreneurs, and employees in the Parsippany area on a deeper level, so stronger business relationships can be built. We’re looking for ways to find how our lives connect beyond just working in Parsippany – so maybe it’s through our kids, our hobbies, our volunteer efforts, or where we went to school or grew up. The PACC Women In Business will:
- Help you develop a support system
- Open up opportunities you might not have on your own
- It is a great way to give back by sharing your knowledge and experience with other women
- Professional and leadership development
- Networking towards strategic business alliances
- Develop business contacts and friends
- Affiliations and business opportunities
- Mentoring and support thereby improving self-esteem and leadership
- Learn “secrets to success” from other women entrepreneurs
- Be inspired by knowledgeable and fantastic speakers
- Be mentored or become a mentor
The Women in Business group is a cohesive, strong group of professionals and businesswomen. It is open to anyone looking to connect with other women, network their business, or just need a place to have a couple of hours of ‘me time’ each month. Meeting topics and activities are based on feedback from the group and will vary from health/wellness issues to building your business. The primary goal is to provide personal and professional development to area women.
As the group is in its infancy stage, we invite women who are Chamber Members to attend the monthly meetings so we can grow the group and form a strong network of women in the Parsippany area. For more information contact Jen Peel, Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Chamber Office at (973) 492-6400.