PARSIPPANY — The Parsippany-Troy Hills Recycling Center is operating under new hours. Monday to Friday the Recycling Center will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Saturday hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
The recycling center is only open to Parsippany residents. Proof of residency is required to enter the center. Contractors are not permitted. The Recycling Center is located at One Pump House Road, behind Parsippany Police Station.
In regard to construction and/or other materials brought to the Recycling Center in a vehicle other than a car, please note the following:
- Such vehicle must be registered to you at your Parsippany residence
- Vehicles registered over one ton will not be permitted in the Recycling Center
- No commercial vehicles will be permitted in the Recycling Center
- No trailers or vehicles larger than a pickup truck will be permitted in the center on Saturdays due to the heavy volume of traffic in the yard.
Rented vehicles will be accepted at the Recycling Center Monday through Friday only. Prior approval and an appointment must be made by calling (973) 263-7273.
Residents may drop off yard waste, recyclables, and metal items.
All containers for garbage, recyclables, and yard waste cannot be any larger than 35 gallons and must not exceed the total weight limit of 60 pounds.
Any hazardous materials will not be accepted at the Recycling Center. For example, oil based paints, pool chemicals, anti-freeze, pesticides, asbestos, driveway sealant, etc.
The following items must be taken to the Recycling Center:
- All construction material
- Railroad ties
- Roof shingles
- Empty or dried out latex paint cans
- Propane tanks (valve removed)
- Stumps and logs (no higher than 3 feet)
- Tires without rims
- Used motor oil (maximum 3 gallons per visit)
Recycling bins for used clothing and shoes are located at the recycling center. Please make sure that all clothing items are in good reusable condition and placed in plastic bags. Rags and ripped/torn clothing will not be accepted.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Mayor’s Action Center (973) 263-4262.