PARSIPPANY — On Friday, February 8, Liquid Church partnered with The Tim Tebow Foundation to host Night To Shine, an unforgettable worldwide prom night experience designed especially for teens and adults ages 14 and older with special needs.
At Night To Shine, guests were greeted by their very own buddy who served as their host for the evening. Guests walked the red carpet and enjoyed the VIP treatment, including a friendly paparazzi welcome, flowers,Beauty Bar with hair and makeup stations, great food, fun games, and of course…the chance to dance the night away! The event was complete with a crowning ceremony where each guest will become a prom king or queen.
“It was a joy to serve our friends with special needs from Parsippany and Morris County through Night to Shine! The highlight was crowning each of our VIP guests as kings and queens made in God’s image and celebrating their special talents & unique abilities,” stated Tim Lucas is the founder & Lead Pastor Liquid Church.
This year, Night to Shine, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, was hosted simultaneously by 655 churches in all 50 states and in 24 countries, including Albania, Burundi, Canada, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, US, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Preliminary estimation of more than 100,000 people with special needs attended Night to Shine proms and each one of them was crowned a King or a Queen.
- Preliminary estimation of more than 200,000 volunteers served at Night to Shine proms around the world.
- The Tim Tebow Foundation is inviting supporters to help grow this annual event. Donations can be made by clicking here.
Tim Tebow was able to surprise volunteers and guests at five different Night to Shine locations:
- Unsion Foundation, Cuenca, Ecuador
- Familia De Dios, Puerto Peñasco, Mexico
- Prestonwood Baptist Church, Plano, TX
- Compass Christian Church, Grapevine, TX
- Crossroads Christian Church, Grand Prairie, TX
- Legacy Church, Albuquerque, NM
- ZOE Church, Los Angeles, CA
Tim was accompanied by some incredible supporters of Night to Shine. Their visits to prom locations consisted of praying with and encouraging volunteers, walking the red carpet with the honored guests, shining shoes, dancing with alot of Kings & Queens and sharing the message of God’s love with all volunteers and honored guests.
“Night to Shine is special because there are so many things in our society that tear people apart and this night is a night that brings people together. Because every single person is important…we are all loved, we are all created in God’s image and there is a reason and a purpose for each our lives,” shares Tim Tebow, Founder and Chairman of the Tim Tebow Foundation. “God gave his very best for each of us – he gave us his Son – and because he was willing do that, we are willing to do whatever it takes to make these honored guests feel special and feel loved. They are worth it,” said Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow Foundation supplied the above video.