PARSIPPANY – Parsippany-Troy Hills Board of Education announced the Kindergarten Registration for the school year 2019-2020 will be held on Monday, March 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
If you don’t know which school is your local elementary school please call (973) 263-7330.
Registration packets may be found on the district website by clicking here, or picked up in the Main Office of your neighborhood school beginning Monday, February 4.
Completed registration papers should be brought with the parent at the time of registration.
Kindergarten Entrance Requirements:
A child whose fifth birthday falls on or before October 1, 2014 may be admitted to kindergarten in September of 2019.
You will need to bring:
- A copy of your child’s immunizations. (See below)
- An original birth certificate, or passport, to establish proof of age. A lease, a deed, or a current tax bill from your residence. (An Affidavit of Residency from the Superintendent of Schools if the residence where you are living is in someone else’s name.)
- Two of the following additional documents: Utility, telephone bill, or bank statement.
Children entering kindergarten must provide evidence of having the following immunizations: (Students who have not met all immunization requirements shall not be permitted to attend the first day of school.)
- DPT – a minimum of 4 doses of DPT – one dose must have been administered on or after the fourth birthday. Polio – a minimum of three doses of polio vaccine, provided at least one dose is given on or after the fourth birthday. (OPV given before 4/1/16 is accepted, otherwise, must be IPV).
- Measles – two doses given after the the first birthday (preferably MMR).
- Rubella – at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday.
- Mumps – at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday.
- Hepatitis B – three doses prior to entering kindergarten (must meet minimum dose spacing intervals).
- Varicella – one dose after first birthday.
- Mantoux – PPD tuberculin – for children born in some countries outside the USA (Check with School Nurse). A physical examination, done by your family physician,
must be presented to your school prior to attendance in September.
If you have any questions please call Karen Timmerman in the Superintendent’s Office (862) 702-2001.
Elementary Schools (Grades K-5)
- Eastlake Elementary School (K-5), 40 Eba Road, (973) 428-7583;
- Intervale Elementary School (K-5), 60 Pitt Road, (973) 263-7075;
- Knollwood Elementary School (K-5), 445 Knoll Road, (973) 263-7060;
- Lake Hiawatha Elementary (pre-K through 5) 1 Lincoln Avenue, (973) 263-4344;
- Lake Parsippany Elementary School (K-5), 225 Kingston Road, (973) 428-7572;
- Littleton Elementary School (K-5), 51 Brooklawn Drive, (973) 682-2847.
- Mt. Tabor Elementary School (K-5), Route 53 and Park Road, (973) 889-3361;
- Northvail Elementary School (K-5), 10 Eileen Court, (973) 263-7070;
- Rockaway Meadow Elementary School (K-5), 160 Edwards Road, (973) 263-7308;
- Troy Hills Elementary School (K-5), 509 South Beverwyck Road, (973) 428-7588.