PARSIPPANY — The Parsippany-Troy Hills Police Department announces the arrest of John Shepard, Jr., 20, of East Providence, Rhode Island and the seizure of approximately one pound of marijuana.
The arrest stemmed from a motor vehicle stop made by Officers R. Taylor and W. Torres-Czajka of a 2006 GMC Envoy in which Shepard was traveling in the area of Route 10 West on Sunday, January 20 at 9:36 p.m.
Mr. Shepard was placed under arrest for the possession of approximately one pound of suspected marijuana and additional paraphernalia. He was transported to police headquarters were he was processed and charged with the following:
• One count of Third Degree Possession with the Intent to Distribute (Marijuana)
• One count of Fourth Degree Possession of CDS (Marijuana)
• One count of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, a Disorderly Persons Offense
• One count of Failure to Make Lawful Disposition of CDS, a Disorderly Persons Offense
Shepard was also charged with the following motor vehicle violations:
• Possession of CDS in a Motor Vehicle, a Traffic Offense
• Maintenance of Lamps, a Traffic Offense
• Improper Display of Plates, a Traffic Offense
• Failure to Keep Right, a Traffic Offense
• Improper Passing, a Traffic Offense
Shepard was transported to the Morris County Correctional Facility pending his initial court appearance.
He was subsequently released on pre-trial monitoring after his court appearance on January 23.
Editor’s Note: A criminal complaint is merely an accusation. Despite this accusation, the defendant is presumed innocent until he or she is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.