PARSIPPANY — Parsippany-Troy Hills Police Patrol Officer E. Elston was patrolling the area of New Road on Wednesday, October 31 at 11:19 p.m. when he observed a 2002 Acura MDX with an equipment violation. He conducted a motor vehicle stop and made contact with the driver, Kristie Errico, 32, Verona.
After a brief investigation it was determined that she was driving on a suspended license and had two outstanding warrants for her arrest issued by the Totowa Municipal Court. She was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters for processing.
While in custody Ms. Errico was found to be in possession of the following:
• 16 Wax Folds of suspected heroin
• 12 syringes, of which 10 contained suspected heroin
• 4 vials of suspected cocaine
• Multiple pieces of drug paraphernalia
She was subsequently charged with the following:
• 1 count of 3rd Degree Possession of CDS (Cocaine)
• 1 count of 3rd Degree Possession of CDS (Heroin)
• Failure to Make Lawful Disposition of CDS, a Disorderly Persons Offense
• Possession of a Hypodermic Needle, a Disorderly Persons Offense
• Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, a Disorderly Persons Offense
She was transported to the Morris County Correctional Facility pending her court appearance.
Editors Note: A criminal complaint is merely an accusation. Despite this accusation, the defendant is presumed innocent until he or she is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.