PARSIPPANY — Free blood pressure, cancer, and glucose screenings, advice on fire prevention and preparedness, and low cost on-site eye exams are just a few of the many offerings awaiting Parsippany residents at a community-wide health fair to be held on Saturday, March 26 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Area residents are invited to take advantage of free health services at a “Community Heath Fair” hosted by Parsippany-Troy Hills Education Association.
The Community Health Fair will be at the PAL Youth Center, 33 Baldwin Road.
Services available include free blood pressure, cancer, and glucose screenings, advice on fire prevention and preparedness, and low cost on-site eye exams.
- The full list of participants and services are:
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Health Department: Free blood pressure screenings, literature and advice about EMS, pest control
- Parsippany Fire Prevention Bureau: Information and advice about smoke detectors, fire hazards
- Morristown Medical Center: Free glucose screenings for residents 18 years and older, information about cancer screenings
- American Red Cross: Blood donor drive. Sign up in advance at www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code PTHEA. Also, information and advice about first aid, CPR and disaster preparedness
- American Cancer Society: Information about cancer screenings
- Dr. Ninoska Fergusson: Limited dental screenings
- Discounted eye exams and eye ware ($30.00 per exam and as low as $29.00 for glasses). Reservations are necessary.
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network: Information and awareness.
- Rockaway Neck First Aid Squad: Procedures, questions answered, explanation of services.
The event will be held rain or shine.