PARSIPPANY — Multiple individuals at Central Middle School have tested positive for COVID-19.
Given the NJ Department of Health guidance, and in coordination with local health officials, the district will enact distance learning for all students and staff at Central Middle School, effective Monday, February. 8.
All other schools in the district will operate in their current status. Central Middle School will be closed for on-site instruction for fourteen days and we will follow the remote learning plan from Monday, February 8 through Friday, February 19.
Central Middle School will reopen for in-person learning for staff and students on Monday, February 22.
The following will be enacted immediately:
- All self-contained programs at Central Middle School will be fully remote until February 22.
- Students will have NO access to the building during this time.
- All extracurricular and athletic programs are canceled during the two-week closure. There will be no practices or games held.
- Students should NOT gather indoors with friends.
- The custodial staff will thoroughly clean and sanitize all classrooms.
- The CMS virtual schedule will be as follows:
|Period 4||9:36-10:06 6th grade lunch|
|Period 5||10:07-10:37 7th grade lunch|
|Period 6||10:38-11:08 8th grade lunch|
The afternoon will continue to be devoted to teacher-designated small group instruction, tutorial sessions, and office hours. Please see the school’s webpage Afternoon Teacher Schedules for more information about teacher’s afternoon schedules.
We regret the disruption this presents to our students and staff; however, it is imperative that we adhere to the NJ Department of Health and local health guidelines for the safety of our school community. Please continue to assist us by remaining vigilant and sensible in your approach to dealing with this health crisis.
Beginning on Monday, February 8, a daily chart of positive COVID-19 cases listed by each school will be posted under “Family Resources” and “Staff Resources,” on the Parsippany-Tory Hills Board of Education website. Case numbers listed will represent those reported by parents, staff, or the Department of Health directly to the school district. ”
Click here to view the daily chart.