PARSIPPANY — The filing deadline for Democratic and Republican candidates for Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Council has passed. Four Democrats and six Republicans, including two incumbents vie for three seats which expire on December 31.
The primary election will be held on Tuesday, June 2.
The following candidates have filed their petition:
John Beehler (R)
Paul Carifi, Jr. (R)
Michael dePierro (R)
Gregory Elbin (D)
Vincent Ferrara (R)
Thomas Fulco (D)
Lorretta Gragnani (R)
Nick Kumburis (D)
Janice McCarthy (D)
Aida Visakay (R)
Carifi, Beehler and Visakay will be running as a slate against dePierro, Ferrara and Gragnani for the Republican nomination.
McCarthy, Elbin, and Kumburis will be running as a slate for the Democrats.
Carifi and dePierro are both running for reelection. Councilman Brian Stanton is not seeking another term.
Other important dates include
- April 8: Last day to file Change of Party Affiliation declaration form for the Primary Election.
- May 12: Last day to register to vote in the June Primary Election. Board of Elections office open until 9:00 p.m. Last day to file a change of residence application.
- May 19: On or before this date, applications for appointment of challengers for Primary Election shall be filed with the County Board of Elections.
- May 26: Last day to apply for a Vote by Mail (formerly civilian absentee ballot) application by mail (for the Primary Election)
- May 27: Mailing of sample ballots for Primary Election.
- May 29: A qualified overseas voter who wishes to receive a faxed federal ballot for the Primary Election, must apply to the county clerk no later than the fourth day before the Primary Election.
- June 1: A Main-in Ballot Voter, who fails to apply by mail 7 days prior to the election, may apply in person to the County Clerk for a Mail-in Ballot on any day up to 3:00 p.m. the day before the election.
- June 2: Primary Election Day. Polls open 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
All forms must be send to County of Morris, Board of Elections, P.O. Box 900, Morristown, New Jersey 07963-0900.