• Monday, March 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Registration packets may be found by clicking here, or can be picked up in the Main Office of all the elementary schools beginning Wednesday, February 11. Completed registration papers must be brought with you at the time of registration.
Kindergarten Entrance Requirements
A child whose fifth birthday falls on or before October 1 may be admitted to kindergarten in September of that year.
• A copy of your child’s immunizations.
• An original birth certificate, or passport, to establish proof of age.
• A lease, a deed, or a current tax bill from your residence. (An Affidavit of Residency from the Superintendent of Schools if the residence where you are living is in someone else’s name.)
Any two of the following documents:
• Telephone bill, or
• Bank statement
Showing the address of the applicant.
Children entering kindergarten must provide evidence of having the following immunizations: (Students who have not met all immunization requirements shall not be permitted to attend the first day of school.)
• DPT – a minimum of 4 doses of DPT – one dose must have been administered on or after the fourth birthday.
• Polio – a minimum of 3 doses of polio vaccine provided at least one dose is given on or after the fourth birthday.
• Measles – 2 doses given after the first birthday (preferably MMR).
• Rubella – at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday. Mumps – at least one dose (preferably MMR) given on or after the first birthday.
• Hepatitis B – 3 doses prior to entering kindergarten. Varicella – 1 dose after first birthday.
• Mantoux – PPD tuberculin – For children born in some countries outside the USA (Check with School Nurse)
• A physical examination, done by your family physician, must be presented to your school prior to attendance in September.
If you have any questions please call Joni Benos in the Superintendent’s Office (973) 263-7200 ext. 7250 or visit the district website.